Traveling to Myanmar is one of the most fun-filled trips one could ever have. With its natural wonders and rich culture, travelers are able to learn more about the country's local people, tradition, and other interesting things that it can offer. If you are planning to travel to this particular country, it is always wise to know the best travel tips you can find. For travelers who are looking for a wonderful array of cultural and historical tourist spots, Myanmar will never disappoint you.
Myanmar Interesting Facts
This particular country is situated in the Southeast Asia, with an overall area of 678,500 square kilometers. Myanmar is known to be rich in natural resources with a climate that is generally humid. It was once named as Burma, but in 1989 it was changed to its present name. This particular destination is considered to be a part of Southeast Asia's "rice basket" due to the fact that the major export out of the country is rice. The country itself consists of 135 primary races, which include Chin, Kayin, Kachin, Mon, Bamar, and Kayah.
Places To Visit
1. Mandalay - It is known to be the culture capital of the country. This particular landmark is known for silverware, stone carvings, silk wear, tapestries, and bronze casting. It is where the Royal Palace is found. Apart from this, Mandalay is known to be the second largest metropolitan in the country. This city was established by the famous King Mindon.
2. Yangon - Due to its wonderful parks and beautiful lakes, this city is tagged as the "Garden City of the East." Known as the capital city of the country, Yangon is home to various modern tourist facilities and hotels. It is where you can find the Shwedagon Pagoda. Travelers will also enjoy the great array of tea shops, markets, and tree-lined avenues.
3. Bagan - It is famous for being the place of 4 million pagodas. This city is situated in the region of Mandalay. It is formerly called Pagan and known as the cradle of the early Myanmar civilization.
4. Amarapura - In 1783, this particular destination was founded by King Bodawpaya. The name Amarapura means City of Immortality. This place is known for the industry of Silk Weaving. It is near the Mandalay city and travelers can reach this destination by car.
5. Inle Lake - For the local people, this lake is like a gem. It is situated in the Southern Shan state hills. With its amazing wonderful sceneries, travelers will surely have a relaxing stay.
A Suitable Destination For Every Traveler
If you are visiting this country, it is necessary to know that you can find a great array of accommodation in the country. It is wise to have some cash along with you during your trip. Taxis are everywhere so you won't be worrying too much about your transportation. In addition, English is widely used which is why you will not have a hard time exploring the country.
Indeed, Myanmar is a suitable destination for every traveler like you. Always equip yourself with enough travel tips and knowledge about the country so that you will have a fun-filled travel experience.